McKinley Point is a remarkable estate on more than 5 acres featuring panoramic views across the West River to the Chesapeake Bay from every room. Ideally situated on a peninsula with 460 feet of water frontage, this stunning and refined property has it all: A waterside pool; a guesthouse; a dock with a two-story gazebo and boat lift; a screened-in porch with stunning water views; and a three-car garage. The homeâs wide and elegant center hall entrance welcomes you with dramatic river views, arched doorways and pristine, oak floors. Each elegant room flows beautifully to the next, making it a perfect place for relaxing as well as entertaining. The heart of the home is a spacious, renovated kitchen with a large breakfast room. Its masterful design includes coordinated granite countertops, a gas fireplace, a bar with a wine cabinet, refrigerated drink drawers, and a custom wooden plank ceiling. The family and the living rooms are mirror-images with classic custom mantels and newly rebuilt fireplaces (one gas and one wood burning). An extraordinary great room with breathtaking views features waterside dining, sitting/reading areas, a billiard room and surrounds the formal dining room for intimate gatherings. The amazing primary suite includes a renovated marble bath and a private office with phenomenal views. Each of the bedrooms, five of which are ensuite, enjoy magnificent water views. This very private property is surrounded by beautiful lawns and planted with lush, native gardens and lovely trees. It once had its own small golf course. McKinley Point's location at the mouth of the West River makes boating the Central Chesapeake a dream and allows an easy trip to points North like Historic Annapolis and the scenic Severn River. Shoot directly across the bay into Eastern Bay and all that Kent and Talbot Counties offer including day trips to St. Michaelâs and Oxford. Closer to home lies the Rhode and West Rivers for protected anchorages and dockside dining at several waterfront hotspots in nearby Galesville. Shady Side is a quaint, charming location conveniently situated for traveling or commuting to Annapolis (about 30 minutes), and DC (about 45 minutes).
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Other
6 Full/1 Half
Tankless Water Heater, Sump Pump, Electric Water H
Frame, Vinyl Siding, Wood Siding
Public Sewer, Septic
6,339 sq. ft
Yes - 3 spaces
Anne Arundel County Public Schools
Detailed Room Information
- Family Room, Kitchen, Laundry Room, Living Room, Foyer, Office, Breakfast Room
- Gourmet Kitchen, Island, Eat-In Kitchen, 2nd Kitchen
- Double Oven, Wall Oven, Self-Cleaning Oven, Cook Top Range, Dishwasher, Disposal, Dryer, Washer, Microwave, Appliance Center, Exhaust Fan/Hood
- Hardwood, Tile, Wood
- Central Air, Electric, Heat Pump, A/C - Zone
- Electric Heating, Oil. Heat Pump, Forced Air, Zone.
- Casement, Double Pane, Skylights, Storm Window
- 3. Mantle, Fireplace Screen, Gas Burning, Wood-burning.
- Entry Level Bedroom.
- Security System, Alarm -Smoke/Fire
- Additional Interior Features
- Built-Ins, Crown Molding, Curved Stair, Wood Floors, Recessed Lights, Open Floor Plan, Skylight, Breakfast Area, Multiple Phone Lines, Beamed, Cathedral/vaulted Ceiling
Exterior / Lot Features
- 3 Garage Spaces. Circular Driveway, Driveway.
- Wood, Vinyl, Frame
- Deck, Patio, Enclosed, Porch, Wrap-around Porch, Breezeway, Screened-in
- Metal, Asphalt, Shingle
- Pool Description
- Lot View
- Bay, River, Water, Scenic
- Body of Water
- WEST RIVER
- Full, Invisible
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Water Front, Private Dock, Sidewalks, Waterfall, Out Building, Exterior Lighting, Landscaped, Front Yard. Landscaping, No Thru Street, Poolside, Rip-Rapped, Private, Front Yard, Level, Open.
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price